Perak State Museum Board Enactment (Enactment No. 4/1987) was approved by the Perak State Assembly on 4 October 1987 and came into force on 1 January 1990. It is recognized as a department under the administration of the Perak State Government.
Through enactment, three museums, a complex history, a gallery and a dwelling house were set up:
1) Royal Museum Kuala Kangsar
2) Darul Ridzuan Museum Ipoh
3) Beruas Museum
4) Pasir Salak Historical Complex
5) Sultan Azlan Shah Gallery Kuala Kangsar
6) Home of HRH Sultan Azlan Shah Batu Gajah